Principles of constitutional law / Ronald D. Rotunda (Doy & Dee Henley Chair and Distinguished Professor of Jurisprudence, Chapman University, Dale E. Fowler School of Law), John E. Nowak (David C. Baum Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois College of Law, Raymond and Mary Simon Chair in Constitutional Law, Emeritus, Loyola University of Chicago School of Law).
- Rotunda, Ronald D.
- St. Paul, MN : West Academic Publishing, 
- Copyright Date:
- Fifth edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxi, 962 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Nowak, John E.
- The origins of judicial review -- Federal jurisdiction -- Sources of national authority -- The federal commerce power -- Federal power to tax and spend -- International affairs -- The President and Congress : selected issues -- The commerce clause and restrictions on state regulatory powers -- Article IV and VI issues : preemption and comity -- Individual liberties : an overview -- Substantive due process -- State action -- Procedural due process : the requirement of fair adjudicative procedures -- Equal protection -- Congressional enforcement of civil rights -- Freedom of speech -- Freedom of religion.
- "The authors, recognized authorities for over a third of a century, provide succinct and authoritative coverage of the major principles in modern American constitutional law. This book is a shortened version based on the authors' hornbook (popular with students) and their six-volume treatise (popular with judges, practitioners, and scholars). It analyzes the constitutional issues studied today, and discusses the origins of judicial review and federal jurisdiction, federal commerce and spending powers, state powers in light of the dormant Commerce Clause, the war power, freedom of speech and religion, equal protection, due process, and other important individual rights and liberties. This book is completely up to date and includes all major Supreme Court cases through February, 2016, including the ground breaking First Amendment decisions of the Roberts' Court."--Publisher.
- 1634607759 (electronic bk.)
9781634607759 (electronic bk.)
- Includes index.
- Other Edition:
- Revision of: Nowak, John E. 4th ed. St. Paul, MN : Thomson/West, ©2010
View MARC record | catkey: 24769846