Historical introduction to Anglo-American law in a nutshell / by Frederick G. Kempin, Jr.
- Kempin, Frederick G., Jr., 1922-2008
- Additional Titles:
- Anglo-American law
- St. Paul, Minn. : West Pub. Co., 1990.
- Third edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxxi, 323 pages).
- Nutshell series
- What legal history is about -- The courts -- The jury, and other means of finding facts -- The bench and bar -- Custom and cases -- Legislation and codification -- Doctrinal writings -- Real property -- Torts -- Contracts -- The law and commerce : action and reaction -- Negotiable instruments -- Business organizations.
- Presents the development of the basic institutions of the Anglo-American common-law system. Explores the sources of law from cases, legislation, and codification, to doctrinal writings. The text also discusses the development of legal concepts such as property in land, contracts, liability for injury, negotiability of commercial paper, and the business corporation.
- 9780314747082 (electronic bk.)
0314747087 (electronic bk.)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24769869