She would be king : a novel / Wayétu Moore
- Moore, Wayétu
- Minneapolis, Minnesota : Graywolf Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 294 pages ; 24 cm
- Gbessa, exiled from the West African village of Lai, is starved, bitten by a viper, and left for dead, but still she survives. June Dey, raised on a plantation in Virginia, hides his unusual strength until a confrontation with the overseer forces him to flee. Norman Aragon, child of a white British colonizer and a Maroon slave from Jamaica, can fade from sight when the earth calls him. When the three meet in the settlement of Monrovia, their gifts help them salvage the tense relationship between the African American settlers and the indigenous tribes, as a new nation forms around them. -- Adapted from jacket.
- 9781555978174 (hardcover) and 1555978177 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2018
View MARC record | catkey: 24770466