Sleep smarter : 21 essential strategies to sleep your way to a better body, better health, and bigger success / Shawn Stevenson
- Stevenson, Shawn
- New York, NY : Rodale Books, 
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, 262 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Know the value of sleep -- Get more sunlight during the day -- Avoid screens before bedtime -- Have a caffeine curfew -- Be cool -- Get to bed at the right time -- Fix your gut to fix your sleep -- Create a sleep sanctuary -- Have a big "O" -- Get it blacked out -- Train hard (but smart) -- Get your "friends" out of your room -- Lose weight and don't find it again -- Go easy on the bottle -- Play your position -- Calm your inner chatter -- Use smart supplementation -- Be early to rise -- Use bodywork that works -- Dress for the occasion -- Get grounded -- The 14-day sleep makeover -- It's time to say goodnight.
- "Is high-quality sleep the missing component to help you shed fat for good, stave off diseases, and keep you productive? In Sleep Smarter, Shawn Stevenson, host of the popular podcast, The Model Health Show, answers these and many other sleep-related questions. As a teenager, Stevenson was diagnosed with a degenerative bone disease. He gave up on his health and his body, until he decided to fight back. Through years of research and consulting health experts, Stevenson discovered there is one criminally overlooked aspect of health: sleep. Through better sleep, Stevenson was able to achieve fitness and business goals he never thought possible, and now he shares his sleep secrets with the world. The book includes a 14-day plan with tips and tricks like the exact time of day to exercise for better sleep quality, what to wear to avoid waking up at night, and ways to fall asleep faster. Sleep Smarter is the ultimate guide to sleeping better, feeling refreshed, and achieving a healthier, happier life"--
- 9781623367398 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24776996