Inequalities of aging : paradoxes of independence in American home care / Elana D. Buch
- Buch, Elana D.
- New York : New York University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 263 pages ; 24 cm.
- Machine generated contents note: 1. Generating Independence: Older Adults' Life Histories -- 2. Inheriting Care: Home Care Workers' Lives -- 3. Making Care Work: Training and Supervision in Home Care Agencies -- 4. Embodying Inequality: Empathy and Hierarchy in Daily Care -- 5. Independent Living: Housekeeping as Personkeeping -- 6. Care Falls Apart: Turnover and the Limits of Independence.
- "Elana D. Buch's "Inequalities of Aging: Paradoxes of Independence in American Home Care" focuses on the topic of American home care and explores various contradictions and points of tension within the industry. It also raises awareness of the problematic inequality that exists in the American home care industry and argues for the creation of a more sustainable system."--
- 9781479810734 (cl ; alk. paper)
1479810738 (cl ; alk. paper)
9781479807178 (pb ; alk. paper)
1479807176 (pb ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24777538