30 millennia of erotic art [electronic resource].
- Thomas, Joe Alan, 1961-
- Uniform Title:
- 1000 chefs-d'oeuvre de l'érotisme. English
- New York : Parkstone Press International, 
- Physical Description:
- 544 p. : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Charles, Victoria, Döpp, Hans-Jürgen, 1940-, and Carl, Klaus H.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "From the thousand-year-old statues celebrating fertility to the odalisques of the modern painters, erotic art has always held a prominent place in society, whatever their morals or cultural references.This work has assembled one thousand images of erotic artworks, from all times and all continents, to illustrate how the representation of these pleasures of the flesh testifies to the evolution of different civilisations and their histories. While eroticism and sexuality are at the forefront of today's advertising and media, this book offers an exceptional view into the archives of erotic imagery and emphasises the artistic value of these magnificently sinful illustrations"--
- 9781844848324 (hardback)
- "Authors: Hans-Jurgen Dopp (Introduction), Joe A. Thomas, Victoria Charles and Klaus H. Carl.", Translation of: 1000 chefs-d'oeuvre de l'érotisme / Joe A. Thomas et Victoria Charles. -- Sayat : Terres éd., 2009. -- 544 pages ; 24 cm, and Includes indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 24780044