Acculturation and its discontents [electronic resource] : the Italian Jewish experience between exclusion and inclusion / edited by David N. Myers ... [et al.].
- Additional Titles:
- Italian Jewish experience between exclusion and inclusion
Acculturation & its discontents
- [Toronto] : University of Toronto Press, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 228 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Myers, David N.
University of California, Los Angeles. Center for 17th- & 18th- Century Studies
William Andrews Clark Memorial Library
- UCLA Center / Clark studies ; 10
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- How 'other' really was the Jewish other? The evidence from Venice / Benjamin Ravid -- Emotion and acculturation: masquerading emotion in the Roman ghetto / Kenneth Stow -- Between exclusion and inclusion: Jews as portrayed in Italian music from the late fifteenth to the early seventeenth centuries / Don Harrán -- Can fundamentalism be modern? The case of Avraham Portaleone (1542-1612) / Alessandro Guetta -- Jewish women, marriage law, and emancipation: the civil divorce of Rachele Morschene in late eighteenth-century Trieste / Lois C. Dubin -- The Jews of Italy in the Triennio Giacobino, 1796-1799 / Geoffrey Symcox -- Singing modernity: synagogue music in nineteenth- and early twentieth-century Italy / Edwin Seroussi -- 'Their true tongue': history, memory, language, and the Jews of Italy / Simon Levis Sullam -- Growing up Jewish in Ferrara: the fiction of Giorgio Bassani / Guido Fink.
- "In association with the UCLA Center for Seventeenth- and Eighteenth-Century Studies and the William Andrews Clark Memorial Library."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24780315