Color atlas of endo-otoscopy [electronic resource] : examination-diagnosis-treatment / Mario Sanna, Alessandra Russo, Antonio Caruso, Abdelkader Taibah, Gianluca Piras, with the collaboration of Fernando Mancini [and five others].
- Sanna, M.
- Stuttgart ; New York : Thieme, 
- Physical Description:
- p. ; cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Russo, Alessandra, 1957-, Caruso, Antonio, M.D., Taibah, Abdelkader, and Piras, Gianluca
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Methods of otoscopy -- The normal tympanic membrane -- Diseases affecting the external auditory canal -- Otitis media -- Cholesterol granuloma -- Atelectasis, adhesive otitis media -- Noncholesteatomatous chronic otitis media -- Chronic suppurative otitis media with cholesteatoma -- Congenital cholesteatoma of the middle ear -- Petrous bone cholesteatoma -- Temporal bone paragangliomas -- Rare retrotympanic masses -- Meningoencephalic herniation -- Postsurgical conditions.
- "Despite the many advances in diagnostic technologies and imaging modalities in recent years, otoscopy remains the first diagnostic option in the diagnosis of otologic disease.This is an easy-to-consult book for residents and specialists, featuring brilliant diagnostic images from the newest generation of endoscopic otoscopes. Written by a renowned team of experts with 30 years of experience, this book helps readers obtain proficiency in otoscopy and in the interpretation of findings. Readers will learn what clinical consequences the diagnoses may have through case examples and treatment suggestions. Key Features: Richly illustrated with over 1000 mostly full-color photographs and many radiological studies. Shows a vast range of common and rare pathologies that can be visualized and assessed via endo-otoscopy. Juxtaposes, when appropriate, the clinical picture, radiological diagnosis, and intraoperative findings with the endo-otoscopic findings of the patient. In each chapter, a surgical summary lists various approaches that may be used to optimally plan treatment of the patient. A special final chapter covers the assessment of postsurgical findings as seen in otoscopy, so as to distinguish between normal healing and changes that may require further intervention. Color Atlas of Endo-Otoscopy, produced with the support of Mario Sanna Foundation, is certain to become a valuable tool for all physicians involved in the care of patients with ear ailments"--Provided by publisher.
- 9783132415232 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24782037