Easy Vietnamese [electronic resource] : learn to speak Vietnamese quickly! / Bac Hoai Tran
- Trà̂n, Hoài Bá̆c, 1954-
- Tokyo ; Rutland, Vermont : Tuttle Publishing, 
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 192 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction and pronunciation guide -- Greetings and introductions -- In a restaurant -- Shoppping -- Asking directions -- Visiting a Vietnamese home -- Daily activities -- Sightseeing -- Making phone calls -- Health matters -- At the bank -- Email and texting -- Colloquial language and slang.
- "Easy Vietnamese is designed for anyone who wants to learn Vietnamese--whether on their own or with a teacher. This book introduces the learner to all the basics of the language and teaches practical daily conversations and vocabulary. It enables one to begin communicating effectively from the very first day. Useful notes on pronunciation, greetings and requests, sentence structure, vocabulary, grammar, idiomatic expressions, etiquette, and cultural dos and don'ts are included throughout the book. A glossary of the most commonly-used Vietnamese words and phrases is included at the back. The enclosed CD-ROM provides many hours of native-speaker recordings of the dialogues, vocabulary and exercises in the book to enable the reader to pronounce Vietnamese words and phrases correctly"--
- 9780804845977 (pbk.)
View MARC record | catkey: 24782747