The five golden rules of negotiation [electronic resource] / Philippe Korda
- Korda, Philippe
- [New York, N.Y.] (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : Business Expert Press, 2011.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic text (xi, 206 p.) : digital file
- Human resource management and organizational behavior collection, 1946-5645
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Foreword -- Prologue -- Part I. Become an expert: master the five golden rules of negotiation -- 1. The crucial prerequisite -- 2. How to set your initial offer -- 3. How to respond to the other party's initial attacks -- 4. Never make a concession without getting something in return -- 5. How to avoid giving away more than necessary -- 6. How to guide negotiations to a successful conclusion -- Part II. Become a guru: anticipate your opponent's moves -- 7. How to distinguish apparent demands from real demands -- 8. How to shift the balance of power between buyer and seller -- 9. How to avoid the traps of professional negotiators -- 10. How to analyze and exploit decision-making processes -- Part III. Become a legend: develop exceptional negotiating skills -- 11. Get "the enemy" on your side -- 12. How to handle bluffs and detect lies -- 13. Dealing with difficult discussions, tactfully -- 14. "Take it or leave it": how to break the deadlock -- Epilogue -- Appendix: Carl Ritchie applies Margaret Peake's advice -- Notes -- Index.
- Reveals the art of negotiation and helps you get the skills needed in becoming a master negotiator in today's business environment. The first part of the book outlines the fundamentals of negotiating, while the second part is devoted to getting the reader to understand their opponent's interests and tactics during the negotiation process. Finally, you get the opportunity to learn how to strategize successfully.
- 9781606493076 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. ) and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 24783461