Myth and environment in recent Southwestern literature [electronic resource] : healing narratives / Theda Wrede
- Wrede, Theda
- Lanham : Lexington Books, 
- Physical Description:
- vii, 133 pages ; 24 cm.
- Ecocritical Theory and Practice
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The myth and contemporary reappraisals of the Southwest -- Renewal and regression in Cormac McCarthy's western All the Pretty Horses -- Barbara Kingsolver's Animal Dreams: ecofeminist subversion of western myth -- It's a matter of transitions: nature, self, and community in Leslie Marmon Silko's Ceremony -- Liminality in Denise Chávez's The Last of the Menu Girls: mapping female landscapes on the border.
- 9780739184950 (hbk. : acid-free paper)
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 125-130) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24785511