Overcoming conflicting loyalties [electronic resource] : intimate partner violence, community resources and faith / Irene Sevcik, Michael Rothery, Nancy Nason-Clark, and Robert Pynn
- Sevcik, Irene
- Edmonton, Alberta : The University of Alberta Press, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- x, 248 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Rothery, M. A., 1945-, Nason-Clark, Nancy, 1956-, and Pynn, Robert, 1941-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "To date, little has been published about the place of spirituality in working with survivors of intimate partner violence. Overcoming Conflicting Loyalties examines the intersection of faith and culture in the lives of religious and ethno-cultural women in the context of the work of FaithLink, a unique community initiative that encourages religious leaders and secular service providers to work together. The authors present the benefits of such co-operation by reporting the findings of three qualitative research studies. Individuals in secular and sacral services who work with victims of domestic violence, as well as academics in the fields of social work, psychology, and religious studies, will benefit from the insights, depth of experience, and range of voices represented in this valuable book."--
- 9781772120509 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24785897