Spoke [electronic resource] : images and stories from the 1980s Washington, DC punk scene / compiled by Scott Crawford
- Additional Titles:
- Images and stories from the 1980s Washington, DC punk scene
- [Brooklyn, New York] : Akashic Books, 
- Physical Description:
- 128 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 27 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Crawford, Scott (Filmmaker), Saah, Jim, and Connolly, Cynthia
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Spoke -- Bad Brains -- The Teen Idles -- Black Market Baby -- SOA -- Minor Threat -- Government Issue -- Void -- Iron Cross -- The Faith -- Scream -- Marginal Man -- Gray Matter -- Beefeater -- King Face -- Rites of Spring -- Dag Nasty -- Embrace -- Soulside -- Fire Party -- Shudder to Think -- Ignition -- Fugazi -- Swiz -- The Nation of Ulysses -- Jawbox -- Bios.
- "The Washington, DC music scene of the 1980s gave birth to influential bands like Bad Brains, Minor Threat, and Fugazi. Here that era is portrayed in its purest form: an oral history by the creators themselves, including nearly two hundred photographs capturing the power and spirit of this politically progressive corner of American underground music. This stunning and intimate collection features rare images from Jim Saah, Cynthia Connolly, Bert Queiroz, and many others who documented this vibrant community. Compiled by Scott Crawford--whose critically acclaimed film Salad days provided an unprecedented exploration into the 1980s DC punk scene--Spoke delves deeper into one of the most dynamic movements in US music history"--Back cover.
- Photographs by Jim Saah, Cynthia Connolly, and others.
View MARC record | catkey: 24787256