Tibet's last stand? [electronic resource] : the Tibetan uprising of 2008 and China's response / Warren W. Smith, Jr.
- Smith, Warren W.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 299 p.,  p. of plates : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Chronology of revolt -- China's response : repression -- Repression in eastern Tibet -- Patriotic education -- Patriotic education outside the TAR -- An atmosphere of fear and oppression -- China's response : propaganda -- Blaming the "Dalai clique" -- "Hostile Western forces" -- Testimony of Tibetans -- Traditional themes of Chinese propaganda -- Propaganda aimed at Tibetans -- White paper on Tibet -- Tibet and the Olympics -- China's response to international criticism -- Olympic torch relay -- China responds to pressure for talks -- Sichuan earthquake -- Dialogue and Olympics -- One state, two nations -- "Eighth round" of dialogue -- "Memorandum on genuine autonomy for the Tibetan people" -- Dharamsala "special meeting" of Tibetan exiles -- "Serf Emancipation Day: -- Tibetan nationalism -- Chinese nationalism -- China's new diplomatic offensive.
- Demonstrations—China—Tibet Autonomous Region
- Political persecution—China—Tibet Autonomous Region
- Propaganda, Chinese
- Nationalism—China—Tibet Autonomous Region
- Tibet Autonomous Region (China)—Politics and government—1951-
- Tibet Autonomous Region (China)—History—Autonomy and independence movements
- Tibet Autonomous Region (China)—Relations—China
- China—Relations—China—Tibet Autonomous Region
- China—Foreign public opinion
- 9780742566859 (cloth : alk. paper), 0742566854 (cloth : alk. paper), 9780742566873 (electronic), and 0742566870 (electronic)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24787594