Ecological impact assessment of the use of European-origin Atlantic salmon in Newfoundland aquaculture facilities [electronic resource] / D. Cote [and others].
- Additional Titles:
- Évaluation de l'impact écologique de l'utilisation du saumon de l'Atlantique d'origine européenne dans les installations d'aquaculture de Terre-Neuve
- Ottawa : Fisheries and Oceans Canada, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- v, 28 pages : figures, graphs, maps, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Cote, D., Canada. Department of Fisheries and Oceans, and Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat
- Aquaculture companies operating along the south coast of Newfoundland have requested permission to use farmed European-origin Atlantic salmon in their operations to increase their competitiveness. Canada's National Code on Introductions and Transfers of Aquatic Organisms requires that a risk assessment be conducted in evaluating requests for importation or transfers of fish. This document examines the potential ecological risks that farmed European-origin Atlantic salmon and their hybrids present to native Atlantic salmon populations through competitive and predatory interactions, as well as disease transmission.
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- "December 2015."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographic references.
- Type of File/Data:
- Electronic monograph in PDF format.
View MARC record | catkey: 24789039