A report on the closure of the Comox Marine Communications and Traffic Services centre [electronic resource] / Scott Simms, chair
- Corporate Author:
- Canada. Parliament. House of Commons. Standing Committee on Fisheries and Oceans
- [Ottawa] : House of Commons, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 15 pages : color maps
- Additional Creators:
- Simms, Scott, 1969-
- Report of the Standing Committee on Fisheries and Oceans ; 3rd report, 42nd Parliament, 1st session
- "On 18 February 2016, the House of Commons Standing Committee on Fisheries and Oceans (the Committee) agreed to "undertake a study to review the imminent closure of the Comox MCTS [Marine Communications and Traffic Services] station of the Canadian Coast Guard; and that the Committee report its findings to the House." The Committee began its study on 10 March 2016. It held two meetings and finished hearing from witnesses on 12 April 2016. Witnesses included officials from the Canadian Coast Guard (CCG), representatives of Unifor Local 2182, the Officer in Charge at the Comox MCTS centre, and Mr. Fred Moxey, retired Coast Guard superintendent. The Committee would like to express its sincere thanks to the witnesses who appeared before it to share their perspectives. This report is based on their testimony"--Intro., p. 1.
- Issued also in French under title: Rapport sur la fermeture du centre des Services de communication et de trafic maritimes de Comox., "May 2016.", and Original published on: 2016/05/06; published on: 2018/01/16.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Type of File/Data:
- Electronic monograph in PDF format.
View MARC record | catkey: 24795631