GIS compilation of coastline variability spanning 60 years, western Beaufort Sea, Yukon and Northwest Territories [electronic resource] / [by] S. Hynes [and others].
- Ottawa : Natural Resources Canada, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 unnumbered page : map
- Additional Creators:
- Hynes, S., Canada. Natural Resources Canada, and Geological Survey of Canada
- The GIS data products will provide a regional framework to enable proponents, decision-makers and communities to plan for project-specific environmental assessment requirements for the Beaufort Sea coastal zone. They will also enhance our understanding of the sensitivity and vulnerability of the coastline to climate change, more specifically, storm events, coastal erosion, permafrost, morphologic change and other hazards. The data provide the basis for a data gap analysis, both at regional and local (port specific) scales. Industrial stakeholders have expressed their interest in this type of information, in particular coastline line vectors and coastal change assessment, as critical components for future environmental assessments of existing or proposed shore-based sites or harbours of refuge. Community consultation and discussions with the Inuvialuit Regional Corporation, the Inuvialuit Game Council, the Inuvialuit Land Administration, and the Joint Secretariat have confirmed the need for coastal geoscience knowledge.
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Type of File/Data:
- Electronic monograph in PDF format.
View MARC record | catkey: 24797285