Geology, Clearwater Fiord (south), Baffin Island, Nunavut [electronic resource] / [authors, M.R. St-Onge [and others]].
- [Ottawa] : Natural Resources Canada, 
- Copyright Date:
- Preliminary version.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : color + 1 map information document (31 unnumbered pages).
- Additional Creators:
- St-Onge, M. R., Canada. Natural Resources Canada, and Geological Survey of Canada
- Language Note:
- Includes abstract in French.
- "This map summarizes the field observations for the Clearwater Fiord (south) map area following eight weeks of regional and targeted bedrock mapping on western Hall Peninsula. The 2015 field campaign completes a two-decade mission to update map coverage for the whole of Baffin Island south of latitude 70°N. The bedrock is dominated by a Paleoproterozoic metaplutonic suite, ranging in composition from gabbro to syenogranite, with crosscutting relations indicating a progression from mafic to silicic magmatism. Prevailing upper amphibolite to lower granulite facies metamorphic conditions overlap the stability limits of magnetite and orthopyroxene, which is consistent with equilibrium phase diagrams and regional aeromagnetic data. Metasedimentary rocks, including quartzite, pelite, marble, and metagreywacke, are present as screens and enclaves between and within plutonic bodies. An examination of the 'ghost' stratigraphy suggests that the metasedimentary rocks can be correlated with the middle Paleoproterozoic Lake Harbour Group in the south and Piling Group in the north. Two basaltic dyke swarms and shallowly dipping Ordovician limestone respectively crosscut and overly the Paleoproterozoic units"--Abstract.
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale 1:100 000 ; Universal Transverse Mercator, zone 19 (W 68°00'--W 66°00'/N 66°30'--N 66°00')
- Issued also in Inuktitut.
This record only includes the map and the "Map information document" in PDF, the complete data set with all the files in various formats is available for free download at http://geoscan.nrcan.gc.ca/
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Type of File/Data:
- Electronic monograph in PDF format.
View MARC record | catkey: 24799082