Environmental monitoring of the Gully Marine Protected area [electronic resource] : a recommentdation / [by] Trevor J. Kenchington
- Kenchington, Trevor John
- Bedford, Nova Scotia : Fisheries and Oceans Canada, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 59 pages : figures, graphs, maps, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Canada. Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat, and Bedford Institute of Oceanography
- Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat research document, 1480-4883 ; 2010/075
- Department of Fisheries and Oceans Science Sector's recommendations for the environmental monitoring of the Gully Marine Protected Area are presented, with particular reference to the remainder of the current funding cycle (fiscal 2010 and 2011) and for the 5 years beyond (fiscal 2012 to 2016). The Gully, a Marine Protected Area since 2004, is a giant submarine canyon at the edge of the Scotian Shelf, which supports a unique ecosystem. Its offshore location and great depth severely constrain the options for effective, affordable monitoring. Most of the work will require large research vessels operated by the Department, though the recommendations presented here also anticipate roles for various partners.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographic references.
- Type of File/Data:
- Electronic monograph in PDF format.
View MARC record | catkey: 24799245