A review of the November 24-25, 2011 shale gas workshop, Calgary, Alberta - 2. groundwater resources [electronic resource] / C. Rivard [and others].
- [Ottawa] : Natural Resources Canada, Geological Survey of Canada, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 205 pages in various pagings : tables, photographs, graphs, maps, figs
- Additional Creators:
- Rivard, C., Canada. Natural Resources Canada, Geological Survey of Canada, and Shale Gas Workshop (2011 : Calgary (Alta.)
- A Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) workshop was held in Ottawa in May 2011 regarding current work on shale gas and the identification of critical knowledge gaps. Two major geoscience issues were identified at the workshop: 1) the need for a scientifically sound methodology to evaluate the in-place and producible gas resource in the shales and 2) the need for geoscience knowledge to improve groundwater management and protection. Recognizing the importance of this major resource for the Canadian economy, the Earth Science Sector of NRCan has initiated a review of its potential role in this area of research, including mechanisms for collaboration between the Geological Survey of Canada (GSC) and the provinces/territories on addressing these concerns. For this purpose, the GSC, which is leading the NRCan activities on resources and groundwater assessment, organized a geoscience workshop to discuss these two major issues on November 24-25, 2011. This Open File presents a review of discussions related to the groundwater resources theme, while Open File 7088 focuses on the shale gas resources theme.
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Type of File/Data:
- Electronic monograph in PDF format.
View MARC record | catkey: 24799383