Proceedings of the zonal peer review of the pre-COSEWIC assessment for lake sturgeon, Acipenser fulvescens, designatable units 7-8, in Canada [electronic resource] : November 3-4, 2015, Gatineau, Québec / Kathleen Martin [and others].
- Ottawa : Fisheries and Oceans Canada, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- iv, 39 pages
- Additional Creators:
- Martin, Kathleen Ann, Canada. Department of Fisheries and Oceans, and Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat
- In November 2006, the Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada (COSEWIC) assessed the eight Designatable Units (DUs) of Lake Sturgeon (Acipenser fulvescens) in Canada. COSEWIC is required under the Species at Risk Act (SARA) to review the classification of each species at least every 10 years. As a result Lake Sturgeon was included on COSEWIC's fall 2014 Call for Bids to produce a status report. COSEWIC plans to re-assess Lake Sturgeon in April 2017. Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) held a regional peer review meeting to review information relevant to COSEWIC's status assessment for Lake Sturgeon, DUs 7-8 on November 3-4, 2015. Meeting participants included DFO (Science, and Species at Risk programs), Anishinabek/Ontario Fisheries Resources Centre, Concordia University, U.S. Fish and Wildlife, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, Hydro-Québec, Ministère des Forêts, de la faune et des Parcs du Québec, Ontario Power Generation Inc, Environnement et Terre Odanak and PDG EnviroScience et Faune Inc., Kitigan Zibi Anishinabeg, and the three COSEWIC report co-authors. This Proceedings summarizes the relevant meeting discussions and conclusions from this pre-COSEWIC assessment.
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- "July 2016."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 32).
- Type of File/Data:
- Electronic monograph in PDF format.
View MARC record | catkey: 24799626