The 1989 Loma Prieta (San Francisco area) earthquake [electronic resource] : site visit report / by Alexander M. Jablonski [and others] ; with the collaboration of J. Hans Rainer, David E. Allen
- Additional Titles:
- Nineteen eighty-nine Loma Prieta (San Francisco area) earthquake : site visit report
- Physical Description:
- vi, 125 pages : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Jablonski, Alexander Maciej, 1948-
Canada. National Research Council Canada. Institute for Research in Construction
- Internal report ; no. 594
- Chapter 1, Synopsis of the Loma Prieta earthquake and its impact in the San Francisco Bay area / by K.T. Law and A.M. Jablonski -- Chapter 2, Geotechnical aspects / by K.T. Law -- Chapter 3, Performance of buildings / by A.M. Jablonski -- Chapter 4, Performance of transportation structures / by D.T. Lau and A.M. Jablonski -- Chapter 5, Performance of power generating and transmission facilities / by J.-R. Pierre and J.H.K. Tang -- Chapter 6, Industrial facilities / by D.T. Lau -- Chapter 7, Lessons learned from the Loma Prieta earthquake - a Canadian perspective / by A.M. Jablonski, K.T. Lau, D.T. Lau, J.-R. Pierre, J.H.K. Tang, J.H. Rainer and D.E. Allen.
- "The 7.1-magnitude earthquake that shook the San Francisco Bay area in the late afternoon of October 17, 1989, was the largest earthquake in northern California since the 8.3-magnitude San Francisco earthquake in 1906. ... This report contains background information on the Loma Prieta earthquake, its impact in the affected areas and reconnaissance team observations related to geotechnical aspects, performance of buildings, performance of transportation structures, damage to power generating and transmission facilities and other industrial facilities"--Abstract, p. ii.
- "Date of issue: May 1990."
"This is an internal report of the Institute for Research in Construction. Although not intended for general distribution, it may be cited as a reference in other publications."
Digitized edition from print [produced by Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library].
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographic references.
- Type of File/Data:
- Electronic monograph in PDF format.
View MARC record | catkey: 24801050