A paper on the future role of the Winnipeg Commodity Exchange (WCE) for and on behalf of the Western Grain Marketing Panel [electronic resource] / by Douglas O. Ford
- Ford, Douglas O.
- [Winnipeg] : Western Grain Marketing Panel, 1996.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 41 pages, 11 unnumbered pages, 4 pages, 4 unnumbered leaves : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Canada. Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and Canada. Western Grain Marketing Panel
- This paper examines the role of a commodity/futures exchanges and clearing houses generally. It outlines recent developments within the Winnipeg Commodity Exchange (WCE) and identifies present/future gaps that must be addressed by the WCE and the Exchange's clearing house, Winnipeg Commodity Clearing Ltd.(WCCL). The paper also identifies regulatory gaps which government authorities, overseeing the exchange, must close. This paper will make up a small part of the Western Grain Marketing Panel's institution review of the institutions of the Canadian Wheat Board (CWB), Canadian Grain Commission (CGC) and by extension the WCE.
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- "May 1996."
Historical publication digitized in 2012 by the Internet Archives with funding from Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographic references.
- Type of File/Data:
- Electronic monograph in PDF format.
View MARC record | catkey: 24802685