Birds of the Photo Ark / photographs, Joel Sartore ; text, Noah Strycker
- Sartore, Joel
- Washington, D.C. : National Geographic, 
- Physical Description:
- 239 pages : color illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Strycker, Noah K. and National Geographic Society (U.S.)
- Foreword / Joel Sartore -- Introduction / Noah Strycker -- 1. What's in a bird? -- 2. First impressions -- 3. In flight -- 4. Food -- 5. Next generation -- 6. Bird brains -- 7. The future -- About the authors -- Acknowledgments -- About the Photo Ark -- Making the images -- Chapter opener keys -- Index of birds.
- For avian enthusiasts, from armchair observers to dedicated life-listers, this brilliant book from acclaimed National Geographic photographer Joel Sartore celebrates the beauty of all birds, great and small. This elegantly packaged celebration of birds from around the world unites incredible animal portraits from Joel Sartore's distinguished National Geographic Photo Ark project with inspiring text by up-and-coming birder Noah Strycker. It includes hundreds of species, from tiny finches to charismatic eagles; brilliant toucans, intricate birds of paradise, and perennial favorites such as parrots, hummingbirds, and owls also make colorful appearances. Everyone who cares about birds--from the family with a bird feeder outside the kitchen window to the serious birder with a life list of thousands--will flock to this distinctive and uplifting book.
- 9781426218989 hardcover
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24805751