The two Taríacuris and the early colonial and prehispanic past of Michoacán / David L. Haskell
- Haskell, David L. (David Louis)
- Louisville, Colorado : University Press of Colorado, 
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 263 pages : illustrations, map ; 23 cm
- Introduction: the two Taríacuris -- The Tarascan kingdom and its prehispanic past in Mesoamerican context -- The methodological and theoretical background to the analysis of the Priest's Speech: historicity and narrative structure -- Analysis of the Priest's Speech in the Relación de Michoacán -- Tarascan historicity in and through the priest's speech in the Relación de Michoacán -- Tarascan historicity in its Mesoamerican context: myth, history, historicity, and understnading the prehispanic past.
- "Investigates how elites of the Tarascan kingdom of Central Mexico sought to influence interactions with Spanish colonialism by reworking the past. Examines the rhetorical power of the Relación de Michoacán--by Franciscan friar Jerónimo de Alcalá and explaining the structure of the narrative, not just its content"--Provided by publisher.
- 9781607327486 paperback, 1607327481 paperback, and 9781607327493 electronic book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references [pages 227-254] and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25053106