Immersive Analytics [electronic resource] / edited by Kim Marriott, Falk Schreiber, Tim Dwyer, Karsten Klein, Nathalie Henry Riche, Takayuki Itoh, Wolfgang Stuerzlinger, Bruce H. Thomas
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- XI, 357 pages 98 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Marriott, Kim, Schreiber, Falk, Dwyer, Tim, Klein, Karsten, Riche, Nathalie Henry, Itoh, Takayuki, Stuerzlinger, Wolfgang, Thomas, Bruce H., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 0302-9743 ; 11190
- Immersive Analytics: An Introduction -- Immersive Analytics: Time to Reconsider the Value of 3D for Information Visualization -- Multisensory Immersive Analytics -- Interaction for Immersive Analytics -- Immersive Human-Centered Computational Analytics -- Immersive Visual Data Stories -- Situated Analytics -- Collaborative Immersive Analytics.
- Immersive Analytics is a new research initiative that aims to remove barriers between people, their data and the tools they use for analysis and decision making. Here the aims of immersive analytics research are clarified, its opportunities and historical context, as well as providing a broad research agenda for the field. In addition, it is reviewed how the term immersion has been used to refer to both technological and psychological immersion, both of which are central to immersive analytics research. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 25057461