The failure of land reform in twentieth-century England : the triumph of private property / Michael Tichelar
- Tichelar, Michael
- Additional Titles:
- Failure of land reform in twentieth century England and Failure of land reform in 20th century England
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2019.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 230 pages ; 25 cm
- Introduction -- The English land question in historical perspective -- Land reform movements before 1914 -- The impact of the First World War and the spread of owner-occupation -- The rise of town planning and the demise of site value rating -- The impact of the war on town and country -- Tensions in the wartime coalition government -- The post-war settlement -- Continuing battles over compensation and betterment -- The triumph of private property and future options for land reform -- Conclusion.
- 9780415793346 hardcover and 0415793343 hardcover
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25058845