Assessment update of Georges Bank scallops (Placopecten magellanicus) [electronic resource].
- Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat - science response, 1919-3769 ; 2015/025, Maritimes Region
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The purpose of this report is to update the key results from the last assessment with data from 2014 in order to provide science advice for the management of the 2015 fishery. The last full assessment of this stock was in 2013 (DFO 2013, Hubley et al. 2013), and an update was conducted in 2014 (DFO 2014). The management of the main Scallop fishery on Georges Bank refers to zone 'a'. Georges Bank zone 'b' is a marginal growth area for Scallops and has separate management measures (Appendix 1). The assessment and advice presented in this document use the assessment framework established in 2009 (Jonsen et al. 2009) and are for Georges Bank zone 'a' only; some elements of the fishery in zone 'b' are also presented for historical purposes.
- Issued also in French under title: Mise à jour de l'évaluation du pétoncle du banc de Georges (Placopecten magellanicus).
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 4).
- Type of File/Data:
- Electronic monograph in PDF format.
View MARC record | catkey: 25080751