Marine protected area network planning in the Western Arctic Bioregion [electronic resource] : identification of a conservation objective and priority conservation areas as required planning components / R. Hodgson, K. Martin, and H. Melling
- Hodgson, Robert
- Additional Titles:
- Planification du réseau d'aires marines protégées dans la biorégion de l'ouest de l'Arctique : détermination d'un objectif de conservation et des aires de conservation prioritaires en tant qu'éléments de planification nécessaires
- Ottawa : Fisheries and Oceans Canada, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 25 pages : figures, graphs, maps, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Martin, Kathleen Ann
Melling, Humfrey, 1949-
Canada. Department of Fisheries and Oceans
Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat
- Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat research document, 1919-5044 ; 2015/021, Central and Arctic Region
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- To meet Canada's obligations to the United Nations (UN) Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), creation of a Marine Protected Areas Network (MPAN) following UN stipulated steps is required. This paper details the completion of step three from the UN CBD, which calls for a process to identify priority conservation areas as planning inputs to the MPAN. This paper details the approach taken to delineate PCAs within the Western Arctic Bioregion. Twenty three (23) PCAs were delineated for the bioregion and a conservation objective for the Marine Protected Area Network in this bioregion was established.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 23).
- Type of File/Data:
- Electronic monograph in PDF format.
View MARC record | catkey: 25080923