Scallop stock update for SPA 6, Grand Manan and southwest New Brunswick - 1998 [electronic resource] / M.A.E. Butler
- Canadian Stock Assessment Secretariat research document, 1480-4883 ; 99/60
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Survey indices of mean number and mean weight of scallops per standard were used to identify trends in the stock. There was an overall increase in mean numbers of prerecruits from 1997. Mean numbers were the lowest for SPA 6B or the inside zone in 1998. The modest increase in mean numbers for the outside zone should be interpreted with caution. The mean weights per tow for commercial sized scallops in each of the zones have decreased and were the lowest for this survey series. Survey, fishery and port sampling information indicate that SPA 6B continues to be more productive than the outside area, SPA 6A, and should be protected against overfishing.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 10-11).
- Type of File/Data:
- Electronic monograph in PDF format.
View MARC record | catkey: 25082599