Tag loss and reporting rates for 1997 and 1998 cod tagging experiments in 3Psc and 3KL [electronic resource] / by Noel Cadigan and John Brattey
- Cadigan, Noel G.
- Ottawa : Fisheries and Oceans Canada, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- 20 pages : figures, graphs, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Brattey, J. (John), Canada. Department of Fisheries and Oceans, and Canadian Stock Assessment Secretariat
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The results suggest that the reporting rate for single low-reward tags in Placentia Bay is 63%, and the reporting rate is 68% for double low-reward tags. These reporting rates appear the same in 1997 and 1998. In 3KL the reporting rates are slightly higher. There is insufficient data to test whether 3KL reporting rates have changed between 1997 and 1998. It is assumed that the tag loss rate is the same in 3Psc and 3KL. Tag loss appears to be higher within the first 15 weeks following release. Approximately 80% of tags are retained after two years.
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 9-10).
- Type of File/Data:
- Electronic monograph in PDF format.
View MARC record | catkey: 25082607