Evaluation of a new assessment and management framework for shrimp stocks in British Columbia [electronic resource] / J.A. Boutillier, J.A. Bond and H. Nguyen
- Canadian Stock Assessment Secretariat research document, 1480-4883 ; 99/124
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper summarises the stock assessment activities carried out in 1997 and 1998, including both field and analytical assessment methods, identifies proposed changes, and discusses what will be required in the future under a new quota management system for shrimp adopted in 1997. The assessment tools used in 1997 and 1998 are evaluated, the setting of initial catch ceilings through forecasting of surveyed areas is discussed, and the extrapolation of information from surveyed areas to make inseason adjustments to non-surveyed areas is considered. Recommendations are made for the 1999/2000 shrimp trawl fishery. In addition, the management systems implemented in 1998 are discussed, and suggestions for 1999/2000 are made.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 23).
- Type of File/Data:
- Electronic monograph in PDF format.
View MARC record | catkey: 25082769