Forecast for northern British Columbia coho salmon in 1999 [electronic resource] / B. Holtby, B. Finnegan, and B. Spilsted
- Holtby, L. Blair (Leslie Blair), 1953-
- Ottawa : Fisheries and Oceans Canada, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- 47 pages : figures, graphs, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Finnegan, B. (Barry), Spilsted, B., Canada. Department of Fisheries and Oceans, and Canadian Stock Assessment Secretariat
- Canadian Stock Assessment Secretariat research document, 1480-4883 ; 99/186
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper documents forecasts of marine survival and abundance for the coho of northern British Columbia including the upper Skeena conservation area. It should be noted that these forecasts were derived from the more conservative of the two approaches considered. Given that survival is forecast to be above average at least in the northern area, it is possible that our forecasts are in fact very conservative. It is probable however, that even with above average survival, that total abundance of the Babine Lake and upper Skeena aggregates will remain sufficiently low to warrant considerable caution in managing fisheries in 1999. It would be prudent to extend that caution to Areas 5 and 6.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographic references (page 17).
- Type of File/Data:
- Electronic monograph in PDF format.
View MARC record | catkey: 25082823