Laws of Congress and of Illinois in relation to the Illinois Industrial University, together with the minutes of first meeting of the Board of Trustees
- Corporate Author:
- Illinois Industrial University (Urbana, Ill.)
- Additional Titles:
- Title page for Minutes: Minutes of the first meeting of the trustees of the State Industrial University, March 12th and 13th, 1867
Illinois Industrial University
- [Urbana, Illinois] : [Illinois Industrial University], [1867?]
- Physical Description:
- 15, 21 pages, 1 unnumbered page ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- McAllister, Hugh N.
Beaver, James A. (James Addams), 1837-1914
Runkle, Erwin W., 1869-1941
- Minutes have separate title page and pagination.
List of trustees on unnumbered page at end.
Includes text of laws of Congress establishing land grant universities.
PSUA copy: Stamp on title page: W.C. Flagg, Apr 17, 1867. Includes pencil corrections, chiefly correcting some instances of "Burchard" to "Burroughs" in the Minutes. Horation C. Burchard and J.C. Burroughs were both trustees. Bound in half green leather with marbled boards. Inscribed on front pastedown: "H.N. McAllister, Bellefonte, Pa. 20 Nov 1867. To whom this book come unto whose hands it may, is to be returned. Return to James A. Beaver, Bellefone Pa." Additionally inscribed in a different hand: "Donated to College Historical Collection by Gen. James A Beaver, attest Erwin A. Runkle. Manuscript copy of Acts of Congress 1st Session 39th Congress to increase and fix the military peace establishment of the United States bound in front. Newspaper clipping bound in back: Memorial of the Committee of the Board of Trustees of the Farmers' High School of Pennsylvania. Manuscript date on clipping: Jan 4, 1856. Typesigned H.N. McAllister, A.O. Heister, Robt. C. Walker.
- Source of Acquisition:
- PSUA copy: Gift of E.W. Runkle; 2009.
- Binding notes:
- Bound with: Memorial of the Committee of the Board of Trustees of the Farmers' High School of Pennsylvania. [Harrisburg?] : [publisher not identified], 
S534.P4F37 1856 c.1 (Book) bound in Memorial of the Committee of the Board of Trustees of the Farmers' High School of Pennsylvania
View MARC record | catkey: 25084880