Ilmatar's inspirations : nationalism, globalization, and the changing soundscapes of Finnish folk music / Tina K. Ramnarine
- Ramnarine, Tina K.
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 262 pages ; 24 cm.
- Chicago studies in ethnomusicology
- pt. 1. Theoretical and historical perspectives. Introduction : place, identity, represenation ; The folk and the nation -- pt. 2. Ethnography : the transmission, performance, and repertoire of new folk music. The folk music revival in Finland : toward "new folk music" ; New folk music in the urban center ; Värttinä : women's songs from the East ; New folk music in a rural context ; A family of folk musicians : the Järveläs -- pt. 3. Folk music, world music. Musical and social identities : borrowing from the traditions of "others" ; Global commodities : the new folk music recording in world music markets ; Epilogue.
- 0226704025 (cloth : alk. paper)
0226704033 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 237-249), discography (pages 251-252), and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2518070