- Cover; Half-title page; Title page; Copyright page; Contents; About the Contributors; Foreword; Part I The Context; 1 Introduction; 2 The Duty to Protect Public Health from Climate Change Impacts; 3 The Public Health Sector's Challenges and Responses; Part II Cross-Cutting Issues; 4 Government Speech and the First Amendment; 5 Disease Surveillance; 6 The Built Environment; Part III Impacts and Interventions; 7 Heat; 8 Oceans and Coasts; 9 Infectious Disease; 10 Food Systems; 11 Migration; Part IV Interplay with International & Domestic Environmental Law
12 International Institutions and the Developing World13 How Existing Environmental Laws Respond to Climate Change and Its Mitigation; 14 Incorporating Public Health Assessments into Climate Change Action; Index
- Presents comprehensively the currently un-mapped constellation of issues related to climate change, public health, and the law.
- Climatic changes—Law and legislation—United States
- Climatic changes—Government policy—United States
- Climatic changes—Health aspects—United States
- Public health laws—United States
- Climatic changes—Law and legislation
- Public health laws, International
- Human beings—Effects of environment on.
- Human ecology—Government policy
- LAW / Environmental
- Climatic changes—Government policy
- Climatic changes—Health aspects
- Public health laws
- LAW / Administrative Law & Regulatory Practice
- United States
- 9781108281225 (electronic bk.)
1108281222 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25338746