Massage for beginners : a simple route to relaxation and pain relief / Rachel Beider
- Beider, Rachel
- Additional Titles:
- Press here! Massage for beginners
- Beverly, Massachusetts : Fair Winds Press, 2019.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 128 pages : colour illustrations ; 22 cm.
- Machine generated contents note: ch. 1 Introduction -- Welcome -- A Brief History of Massage -- The Benefits of Massage -- About this Book -- ch. 2 Planning Your Session -- Types of Strokes -- Knots -- Pain -- The Skill of Palpation -- Trigger Points -- Preparation for Massage -- Precautions -- Communication -- ch. 3 Self-Care For The Provider -- Stretches -- Ergonomics During a Session -- ch. 4 Getting to Work -- Positioning for Comfort -- Opening a Session -- Closing a Session -- Hand Positions -- Massage for Shoulders -- Massage for Back -- Massage for Neck -- Massage for Arms -- Massage for Hands -- Massage for Back of Legs -- Massage for Front of Legs -- Massage for Feet -- Massage for Head and Scalp -- Massage for Face -- Massage for Relaxation -- ch. 5 Treatment Plans -- Massage for Headaches -- Massage for Sinus Congestion -- Massage for Constipation -- Massage for Menstrual Cramps -- Massage for Pain Relief -- Massage for Insomnia -- Massage for Inflammation -- Massage for Arthritis -- ch. 6 Self-Massage -- Hand Techniques -- Using a Foam Roller -- Using a Ball.
- Relieve pain, alleviate tension, increase relaxation, and recover and prepare for physical activities. This contemporary take on an old practice makes massage accessible to a new generation of readers. Fun, modern illustrations and intuitive organization combined with the expertise of licensed massage therapist Rachel Beider allow you to quickly implement this powerful wellness tool. Massage therapy is a great way to connect and engage with your loved ones, applying healing techniques to reduce pain and tension while increasing relaxation and enjoyment. With this guide, learn how to give a deeply enjoyable therapeutic massage to family members, friends, or oneself. Beautifully illustrated and designed and with easy-to-follow instructions, Massage for Beginners is the perfect guide for learning the fundamentals of giving a really great massage.
- 9781592338726 hardback
- Includes indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 25364834