13 things mentally strong women don't do : own your power, channel your confidence, and find your authentic voice for a life of meaning and joy / Amy Morin
- Morin, Amy
- Additional Titles:
- Thirteen things mentally strong women don't do and Thirteen things mentally strong women do not do
- New York, NY : William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 335 pages ; 24 cm
- Introduction -- They don't compare themselves to other people -- They don't insist on perfection -- They don't see vulnerability as a weakness -- They don't let self-doubt stop them from reaching their goals -- They don't overthink everything -- They don't avoid tough challenges -- The don't fear breaking the rules -- The don't put others down to lift themselves up -- They don't let others limit their potential -- They don't blame themselves when something goes wrong -- They don't stay silent -- They don't feel bad about reinventing themselves -- They don't downplay their success -- Conclusion.
- The emergence of the #MeToo and #TimesUp movements have awakened society and encouraged women to find their voice and claim their power. Contending with a host of difficult issues-- from sexual assault on college campuses, to equal pay and pay gaps, to mastering different negotiation styles-- demands psychological toughness. Morin turns her focus to feminism, and gives women the techniques to build mental muscle. Just as important, she teaches them what not to do.
- 9780062847621 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 321-335).
View MARC record | catkey: 25364845