Digital life on Instagram : new social communication of photography / by Elisa Serafinelli (University of Sheffield, UK).
- Serafinelli, Elisa
- Bingley, UK : Emerald Publishing Limited, 2018.
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 216 pages : illustrations ; 20 cm.
- Digital activism and society: politics, economy and culture in network communication
- New approaches to digital photography and online photosharing -- The practice of online photosharing -- Visual social relationships -- Visual media marketing -- Privacy and surveillance -- Identity: a visual representation.
- Discussing the social uses of Instagram, this book shows how visuality is changing people's perception of the world and their mediated lives, illustrating how the platform shapes new social relationships, marketing techniques, privacy and surveillance concerns, and representations of the self, arguing for the development of new mobile visualities.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 185-206) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25365175