And the shark, he has teeth : a theater producer's notes / Ernst Josef Aufrict ; translated from the German by Benjamin Bloch ; with an introduction by Marc Silberman
- Aufricht, Ernst Josef
- Uniform Title:
- Erzahle, damit du dein Recht erweist. English
- Rochester, New York : Camden House, 2018.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 176 pages, 14 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Aufricht, Ernst-Josef
Bloch, Benjamin, 1972-
Silberman, Marc, 1948-
- Studies in German literature, linguistics, and culture
- Machine generated contents note: And the Shark, He Has Teeth -- Chapter One -- Chapter Two -- Chapter Three -- Chapter Four -- Chapter Five -- Chapter Six -- Chapter Seven -- Chapter Eight -- Chapter Nine -- Chapter Ten -- Chapter Eleven -- Chapter Twelve -- Chapter Thirteen -- Chapter Fourteen -- Chapter Fifteen -- Chapter Sixteen -- Chapter Seventeen -- Chapter Eighteen.
- "This is the first English translation of the memoirs of the great German-Jewish theater producer Ernst Josef Aufricht. Aufricht's book is most notable for its insider's account of the Berlin theater scene from the great days of the late 1920s and early 30s. Its range, however, from school years and the military to his time as an actor and then producer, the rise of the Nazis, and finally long years of exile in France and America. The book will be of interest to an academic audience, but its reflections on a period of momentous artistic and political events will expand its appeal to a wider group: those interested in twentieth-century German history, music and theater history, as well as the general reader. Benjamin Bloch is a clinical psychologist who grew up speaking German at home with his native German father and studied German and English Literature."--Provided by publisher.
- 1640140174 (alkaline paper : hardcover)
9781640140172 (alkaline paper : hardcover)
- "The original from which this translation is made was first published in Germany in 1966 under the title Erzähle, damit du dein Recht erweist. It was republished in 1998 by Alexander Verlag Berlin under the title Und der Haifisch, der hat Zähne. Aufzeichnungen eines Theaterdirektors."--Title page verso.
View MARC record | catkey: 25367351