Costuming cosplay : dressing the imagination / Therèsa M. Winge
- Winge, Theresa M.
- London, UK ; New York, NY, USA : Bloomsbury Visual Arts, 2019.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 202 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm.
- Dress, body, culture
- Let's cosplay! -- Cosplay fandom subculture -- It's not just a costume: cosplay is a way of life -- Dressing the part -- Girl power to the rescue -- Worlds of cosplay future.
- Cosplay, short for costume play, has grown from its origins at fan conventions into a billion-dollar global dress phenomenon. Costuming Cosplay takes us from elaborately crafted DIY costumes to online fandoms, examining how the practice of portraying fictional characters from popular culture through dress and performance has become a creative means of expressing and playing with different identities.
- 1350035904 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 189-200) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25367683