Complementary and alternative medicine : breakthroughs in research and practice / Information Resources Management Association, USA
- Uniform Title:
- Complementary and alternative medicine (Information Resources Management Association)
- Hershey, PA : IGI Global, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 620 pages : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Information Resources Management Association
- Open source approach for mitigating misinformation risk in complementary and alternative medicine practices / Venugopal Gopalakrishna-Remani, Mary Helen Fagan -- An overview of complementary and alternative medicine / Annalisa Casarin, Mayuree Tangkiatkumjai, Dawn-Marie Walker -- CAM use from Western and Asian perspectives : overview of different cultural beliefs of CAM medicine and prevalence of use / Dawn-Marie Walker, Mayuree Tangkiatkumjai -- An overview of publications of complementary and alternative medicine research / Mayuree Tangkiatkumjai -- Integrative medicine and prospective research on CAM / Mayuree Tangkiatkumjai, Annalisa Casarin -- CAM recommended by standard guidelines for chronic illnesses / Annalisa Casarin -- Herbal benefits of tea / Etetor Roland Eshiet, Ernest E. Smith -- Chinese herbal medicine in the management of atherosclerosis-related chronic conditions in an aging population / Enoch Chan, Sai Wang Seto, Tsoi Ming Au Yeung, Gabriel Hoi Huen Chan -- General approach to evaluating beneficial and adverse effects of CAM use in kidney diseases / Mayuree Tangkiatkumjai, Chatchai Kreepala -- Complementary and alternative medicine use in hypertension : the good, the bad, and the ugly : hypertension treatment from nature : myth or fact? / Aymen Shatnawi, Alison Shafer, Hytham Ahmed, Fawzy Elbarbry -- Efficacy and safety of CAM in kidney diseases / Mayuree Tangkiatkumjai, Chatchai Kreepala, Li-Chia Chen -- Yoga for seniors : mechanisms of response to yoga therapy in older adults / Pattharee Paholpak, Laura Obler, Helen Lavretsky -- The scientific communication process in homoeopathic toxicology : an evaluative study / G. Ramadhas, A.S. Suman Sankar, N.V. Sugathan -- The role of self-efficacy and aging in managing disease / Debra N. Weiss-Randall -- Ageing and cancer : the epigenetic basis, alternative treatment, and care / Srijan Goswami, Kongkoan Mahanta, Swagata Goswami, Trecy Jigdung, Trishna Priya Devi -- Role of nutraceuticals in cancer / Kiran Dahiya, Rakesh Dhankhar.
- "This book is a critical reference source of the latest research findings on the application of complementary and alternative medicine in the prevention, treatment, and cures for numerous diseases. Highlighting a range of pertinent topics such as herbal remedies, antioxidants, and functional foods"--Provided by publisher.
- 9781522570394 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25367864