Art for a new understanding : native voices, 1950s to now / Mindy N. Besaw, Candice Hopkins, Manuela Well-Off-Man ; [contributions by Heather Ahtone [and five others] ; artworks by Norman Akers [and forty-three others]].
- Besaw, Mindy N.
- Fayetteville : University of Arkansas Press, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 205 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 27 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Hopkins, Candice, Well-Off-Man, Manuela, Ahtone, Heather, Akers, Norman, and Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
- Art for a new understanding / Mindy N. Besaw, Candice Hopkins, Manuela Well-Off-Man -- Indigenous art as a beacon of survival / heather ahtone -- Inclusivity at midcentury : George Morrison, Oscar Howe, and Lloyd Kiva New / Jessica L. Horton -- "I am an artist who happens to be an Indian" : Working through modernism in the 1970s and early 1980s / Richard William Hill -- The fourth world and the second wave : On (non)encounters between Native women and feminism / Aruna D'Souza -- Indigenous bodies : Native performance of being / Amelia Jones -- Indian art for modern living / Paul Chaat Smith.
- Report Numbers:
- HI.F 3/178-8:A 77/2018
- This publication accompanies the exhibition with the same title held at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, Arkansas from Oct. 6, 2018 to Jan. 7, 2019.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25368165