Balanchine Foundation Video Archives. Maria Tallchief coaching ballerina variation, 1st movement, from Symphony in C [electronic resource] / The George Balanchine Foundation ; project director, Nancy Reynolds ; [video] director and producer, Catherine Tatge ; choreography by George Balanchine ; music by Georges Bizet
- Additional Titles:
- Title on screen: Maria Tallchief coaching excerpts from Symphony in C, Title on label: Maria Tallchief coaching Ballerina variations, 1st movement, from "Symphony in C", and Symphony in C
- New York, NY : George Balanchine Foundation, 1996.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (76 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Balanchine, George, McDill, Nancy, Reynolds, Nancy, 1938-, Somogyi, Jennie, Tallchief, Maria, Tatge, Catherine, Bizet, Georges, 1838-1875, George Balanchine Foundation, and International Cultural Programming, Inc
- Interview with Maria Tallchief (ca. 12 min.). / Tallchief recalls the premiere of the ballet, then titled Le palais de cristal, by the Paris Opéra Ballet in 1947, and describes some of the dancers who performed in it, notably Lycette Darsonval (who created the variation on this tape), Jacqueline Moreau, and Micheline Bardin. She demonstrates how some of the choreography shows the influence of the Paris Opéra Ballet style, and analyzes details of Balanchine's choreography. She also discusses the New York City Ballet's 1948 production of the ballet, retitled Symphony in C, in which she danced the variation on this tape.
- Previously released on DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2011. (VAST-Academic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 25368770