Tempus fugit [electronic resource] / directed by Anais Spiro and Olivier Spiro ; choreographed by Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui ; performed by Les Ballets C de la B.
- Paris : Point du Jour International, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (27 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Cherkaoui, Sidi Larbi, Spiro, Anaïs, Spiro, Olivier, and Ballets C. de la B.
- Language Note:
- This edition silent with musical accompainment.
- The film is a recreation for the camera of the work by Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, the Flemish choreographer of Moroccan descent, and Les Ballets C. de la B. The film is set in a magnificent Moroccan palm grove. A woman is at the centre of gravity, at its epicentre. The film's heroine -- pursued by an invisible presence -- meets a prince. The prince falls madly in love with her, but she leaves him for another. Soon however, her past catches up with her. The inspiration for Tempus Fugit lies without a doubt in the popular cinema of India with its great melodramas that blend dance, song, music and enchantment. Their complexity stems often -- just as in Tempus Fugit -- from the confrontation between tradition and modernity.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Oct. 18, 2013).
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
View MARC record | catkey: 25368825