Rudolf Laban / Karen K. Bradley
- Bradley, Karen K., 1951-
- London : Routledge (Publisher), 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (109 pages) : illustrations
- Routledge performance practitioners
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Laban's Core: Biography -- Developing -- Training and studying -- Exploring Munich and Paris -- Evolving philosophy/choreosophy -- Communing in Ascona -- Learning from the world -- Post-war recovering -- Publishing and theorizing in Stuttgart -- Laban as performance-practitioner -- The end of performing -- The approaching nightmare -- Advancing mastery -- Growing dance theory -- Tossing and turning -- Waking up -- Re-energizing at Dartington -- Winding down in Manchester and Surrey -- Looking backwards and forwards -- 2.Analysis of A Text, the Mastery of Movement -- The concept of polarities united -- Effort -- Development of style -- Accessing the mysterious -- Synthesis of the elements -- Notation and observation -- The stage as laboratory -- Therapy -- Graphing life -- Exertion and recuperation -- Scripts and applications to theater -- Three mime plays -- Theater is life -- Movement is living -- 3.The Tanztheater and Analysis of A Work: Die Grunen Clowns -- Tanztheater privileged dance over music and visual components -- Tanztheater drove the need for an analysis and notation system -- Tanztheater inspired new contexts and form -- Tanztheater balanced the abstract and the literal -- Tanztheater produced a new type of choreographer -- Tanztheater should not be abused! -- Tanztheater reflected the political and social issues of the times -- Tanztheater informed and was informed by others creating their own approaches -- Tanztheater broke old rules and created new ones -- The Green Clowns/Die Grunen Clowns as Tanztheater -- Tanztheater's legacy -- 4.Mastery of Movement for the Twenty-First-Century Performer -- Body language or movement language? -- The big picture -- Laban movement analysis -- The body level -- The effort level -- The space level -- The shape level -- Affinities -- Other concepts -- Laban's legacy -- The artist/researcher -- Final thoughts.
- This book, by Karen K. Bradley, is about dance theorist Rudolf Laban, and includes an exploration of Laban Movement Analysis.
- 9780203098967 9780415375245 (hardback)
- Title from resource description page (viewed April 19, 2018).
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 98-99) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25368853