Communication from the Governor transmitting correspondence of Pres. Buchanan and his excellency John Tyler, the commissioner from Virginia : February 1, 1861
- Corporate Author:
- Virginia. Governor (1860-1864 : Letcher)
- [Richmond, Va.] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Tyler, John, 1790-1862 and United States. President (1857-1861 : Buchanan)
- January 1861 communication from ex-President John Tyler, as Virginia commissioner, regarding his meeting with President Buchanan to seek an agreement that the United States would abstain from the use of military force pending the proceedings of a “peace convention" to be attended by delegates from all the states. President Buchanan did present Virginia’s proposed agreement to the Senate on January 28th, but both houses ignored the proposal. This communication and attached notes were sent to Virginia Governor John Letcher, who submitted them to the Virginia General Assembly.
View MARC record | catkey: 25377880