Standing Stone Trail, part of the Great Eastern Trail : the official guide to the Standing Stone Trail, an 84-mile marked footpath in the rural heart of central Pennsylvania, and part of the Great Eastern Trail
- Corporate Author:
- Standing Stone Trail Club
- [Petersburg, Pennsylvania] : Published by the Standing Stone Trail Club, 2018.
- First edition 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map in 2 segments on 1 sheet : both sides, color ; 106 x 130 cm, sheet 56 x 71 cm, folded to 19 x 12 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society
Pennsylvania. Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Pennsylvania Recreational Trails Program
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale approximately 1:50,000 (W 78°00ʹ49ʺ--W 77°43ʹ00ʺ/N 40°41ʹ58ʺ--N 39°59ʹ01ʺ).
- Relief shown by spot heights.
Title from panel.
Oriented with north to the upper left.
"The trail was conceived and opened in the 1980s as a connector between the Tuscarora Trail and the Mid State Trail, hence it was named the Link Trail ... The club's vision is to make the Standing Stone Trail the premier hiking path in Pennsylvania..."
Includes location map, four elevation profiles matching the sections of the trail formatted in the accompanying text, mileage logs, descriptive text for each group of four trail sections with accompanying color illustrations, notes on "Using the Standing Stone Trail", illustrated box on the Leave No Trace principle, text about the history and makeup of the trail, and color illustration on the panel.
View MARC record | catkey: 25378135