Favorite fairy tales. Vol. II / Scholastic ; Weston Woods presents
- Additional Titles:
- Title on disc: Favorite fairy tales. Volume II
- [Norwalk, CT] : Weston Woods Studios ; [New York] : Scholastic, ©2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (32 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Anderman, Maureen, 1946-, Krige, Alice, 1954-, Gagne, Paul R., 1956-, Ellard, Melissa Reilly, Schindel, Morton, Lobel, Anita, Zelinsky, Paul O., Huck, Charlotte S., Scholastic Inc, and Weston Woods Studios
- Language Note:
- In English with optional subtitles in English.
- Rapunzel / from the book by Paul O. Zelinsky ; produced and directed by Paul R. Gagne and Melissa Reilly (1998) (15 min.) -- Princess Furball / retold by Charlotte Huck ; illustrated by Anita Lobel ; produced by Paul Gagne & Morton Schindel ; directed by Melissa Reilly (1993) (17 min.).
- Rapunzel: Rapunzel has long golden hair, and is kept prisoner in a tower by a sorceress, in payment for her father's theft of the herb rapunzel from the witch's garden. Princess Furball: A princess refuses to marry the ogre her father has promised her to, unless he can bring her a coat of a thousand furs. He brings it, but she runs away rather than marry him. In the woods she is 'captured' by a nice young man, who dubs her "Furball" thanks to that very coat.
- Originally produced in 1993 and 1998 by Weston Woods Studios.
Public performance DVD.
Special features: Learning guides [text feature]; Previews [text feature].
This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Rapunzel: storyboard and design, Ray Messecar ; editing, Heidi Klein Brown, Peter Ringer ; music composed by Bruce Zimmerman. Princess Furball: artwork adaptation by Adrienne Wetmore and Kris Holm ; editing, Melissa Reilly ; music by Neal Hellman and Joe Weed.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Rapunzel: narrated by Maureen Anderman. Princess Furball: narrated by Alice Krige.
- Technical Details:
- Includes public performance rights.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment ; 2018
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 25378525