You shook me all campaign long : music in the 2016 presidential election and beyond / edited by Eric T. Kasper and Benjamin S. Schoening
- Introduction: Tippecanoe and Trump too: a brief history of why music matters in presidential campaigns / Eric T. Kasper and Benjamin S. Schoening -- This is what democracy sounds like: reflections on pop songs in the 2016 campaign / Justin Patch -- Not my president?: punk rock and presidential protest from Ronald to Donald / Lars J. Kristiansen -- Rapping for a revolution: Latino hip-hop artists and the 2016 presidential election / Eunice Rojas -- Political music, media spectacle, and organizational communication competence: what the wrong songs suggest about candidates and their campaigns / Nancy Wiencek, Jonathan Millen, and David R. Dewberry -- We the people sing: presidential candidates' use of music to express different methods of constitutional interpretation / Eric T. Kasper -- Ameritude: framing and convergence culture in the American political landscape / Quentin Vieregge -- This is our fight song: the rhetorical (in)visibility of Hillary Clinton supporters / Kate Zittlow Rogness -- Weapons of mass distraction?: music, Trump, and democracy / Lily E. Hirsch -- Trump the musical prophet / Daniel Oore -- Pub fight politics: of Trump, anger management, and music / David Wilson.
- Music—Political aspects—United States—History—21st century
- Presidents—United States—Election—2016
- Campaign songs—United States—21st century—History and criticism
- Campaign songs
- Music—Political aspects
- MUSIC / History & Criticism
- POLITICAL SCIENCE / Political Process / Campaigns & Elections
- United States
- 9781574417340 hardcover alkaline paper
1574417347 hardcover alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25378954